Sunday 5 October 2008

Love at first sight!

While we wait for our guest blogger to get his act together (!) I'd like to introduce you to my new love interest: Mealopedia. I only found it today so I haven't really explored it fully, but anything that is going to let me choose what type of food I want to eat (options like 'pasta' 'budget' 'vergetarian' 'meat' 'kid friendly') then give me a weekly meal planner that I can change around and then make a shopping list for me to print has to be good! Right? It's also got a recipe finder that lets you choose an ingedient and it will spit out a bunch of recipe options. I'm off to look at the recipes and check out the articles - no idea yet if the recipes are any good...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After looking at the site a bit more I still really like it. It's not too fancy, more 'Good Taste' than 'Gourmet Traveller' and it really only offers main courses, no entrees or desserts so although it's excellent for weekly family meal plans it doesn't take into account that you might want something a bit fancier occasionally. The other truly excellent feature in the recipes is that although the default measurement is metric it will convert to UK Imperial or US Imperial at the touch of a button. I suspect that it is a relatively new site, from the slow conversation in the forums and the fact that no one has corrected their fairly dodgy article on making bread - hopefully the site will, like a good wine, mature nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment